Paul just tagged me with a meme.
Rules: Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 people and link to them. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
So, here is goes:
1. I totaled 2 cars my 1st year of driving. Yes folks, I AM the reason single males between the ages of 16-24 have to pay out their nose for car insurance. I will say this mainly because it is true, hindsight is 20/20, and that it can’t happen to me (only my kids) – The legal age of driving should be raised to 18 years of age.
2. My little toe doesn’t quite touch the floor (that falls under the category of “weird fact”). Sorry no pictures…you’re just going to have to believe me.
3. “I”, Jeff Pope, have been on Grey’s Anatomy. They didn’t ask permission, but hey, that’s cool.
4. I love ALL roller coasters. I have never met a roller coaster I haven’t liked. Pearlie (see below – don’t be fooled by the facial expression, she actually loved this ride) is a little more picky. We purposely choose theme parks with cool roller coasters…otherwise their crossed off the list. This picture was on SheiKra at Busch Gardens, Tampa and was taken in 2003.
5. My sister is the reason I am a nurse today. In 1990, I was in between majors and wanting to change to something that could just get me out of school and start making a living. So, my sister heard me moaning and groaning about it one day and suggested I take some nursing classes. My sister was a strong student and the instructors loved her so I was able to get a late (it helped that I had 2 years already of undergrad and alot of core sciences out of the way) entrance in to Volunteer State Community College’s (VSCC) A.S. degree RN program. Here is a picture of me graduating with my A.S. Allied Health degree at Southern College in 1990 just prior to entering nursing school 2 months later.
I graduated from VSCC/Tennessee State University in 1992 with my A.S. in Nursing. Dad and Jason by my side.
I went into critical care nursing right out of school and worked for 7 years in the ICU. In 1999 I finished my Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Austin Peay State University in preparation to continue on into anesthesia school. Dad, mom, Pearlie, and my sister Charlene join me in Clarksville for my graduation.
1999-2001 I attended Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia and completed a Master of Science with a focus in Nurse Anesthesia degree and still enjoy nursing today….Thanks again, Charlene!!! Pearlie and I enjoy the last of my 4 graduations.
6. I have met a Nobel Prize in Medicine winner. In 1996, when Pearlie and I were in Seattle, Wa. for her bone marrow transplantation, Dr. E. Donnall Thomas came by the center and Pearlie and I got to meet him. It was very cool to actually meet the man whose research, in leukemia and bone marrow transplants, helped save Pearlie’s life.
7. Pearlie and I, despite never living in either city, both grew up liking and rooting for the St. Louis Cardinals in baseball and Pittsburgh Steelers in football. It was a match meant to be and blessed by the “sports gods”.
Ok…so now I tag you….you….and you!!!